A die must be linked with the substrate to fulfill its intended function; a wire bonding is to connect the signal from a die to the substrate.
The superiority of iST
iST offers sample dicing, wire bonding, ceramic or COB assembly followed by premium one-stop solution services for ESD/OLT analysis and verification to minimize test sample preparation time significantly.
Driver IC bonding
FIB Pad bonding
Both the first and second joint are wedge-shaped, so the bonding direction has
to be parallel to the pad. Aluminum (Al) wire is normally used.
A ball-type joint at the first connection and a wedge joint at the second connection. The placement of bonding wire takes the center of the ball-type joints. Mainly bonded with Au and copper wires.
Mounting a ball on a solder pad. Mainly bonded with Au wires.
- PCB development and packaging projects
- Rework of rejected ICs sample preparation, backside sample preparation
- Planning of small-quantity production
- Push and pull test (Ball Shear/Wire Pull/Solder Ball Shear/Die Shear)
- Wire bonding/molding/capping
- Varieties of wire bonding methods: driver IC, COB, FIB Pad, chip-to-chip, ball mounting
- Wire bonding verification(Open/Short test)