The principle of Plasma FIB (P FIB) is similar to Dual Beam FIB (DB FIB), the difference is as follows:
|Ion source||Xe Ion plasma||Ga+ Ion|
|Etching speed(Probe current)||1.5pA~1.3μA||1.1pA~65nA|
- Ga Ions used by DB FIB tend to attach to the sample surface; instead, Xe used by P FIB reduces sample contamination by Ga Ions.
- P FIB is capable of running over large areas at 20 times faster than DB FIB.
Full solder bump image
Local area observation available
PFIB features good etching efficiency in a large range for fast and complete presentation of multiple TSV structures.
With plasma etching can grind off large size structure layer by layer.
- Large range structural observation (100μm or more) including 3D, TSV, solder ball, Cu pillar, and packaging products (WLCSP FA), etc.
- Delayer application for advanced processing of 16nm or narrower.
FEI Helios Plasma FIB
- E-beam Resolution：1.0nm @ 2kV
- I-beam Resolution：
- I-beam Max Current：1.3uA