The principle of Plasma FIB (P FIB) is similar to Dual Beam FIB (DB FIB), the difference is as follows:
|Ion source||Xe+ Ion plasma||Ga+ Ion|
|(Probe current)||1.5 pA~2.5 μA||1.1 pA~65 nA|
- Ga Ions used by DB FIB tend to attach to the sample surface; instead, Xe used by P FIB reduces sample contamination by Ga Ions.
- P FIB is capable of running over large areas more than 20 times faster than DB FIB.
Full solder bump image
Local area observation available
PFIB features good etching efficiency in a large range for fast and complete presentation of multiple TSV structures.
With plasma etching can grind off large size structure layer by layer.
- Large range structural observation (100μm or more) including 3D, TSV, solder ball, Cu pillar, and packaging products (WLCSP FA), etc.
- Delayer application for advanced processing of 28nm or narrower.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Helios 5 PFIB
- E-beam Resolution：0.7nm @ 1 kV
- I-beam Resolution：<20nm @ 30 kV
- I-beam Max Current：2.5 μA