The focus ion beam (FIB) technique may selectively etch (disconnect circuit) and deposit conductor or nonconductor (add new circuit) by hitting sample surface with gallium ion along with organic gas.
The Superiority of iST
- Minimum operation on 16/14nm process metal with 4.5nm resolution.
- Maximum applicable to 8” wafers.
- Support Knights Merlin CAD Navigation
- Precision laser guided stage.
- Built-in infrared microscope for observing CMP layer and isolating silicon layer.
- Two choices for metal wires: tungsten (low resistance) or platinum (faster).
- Build with FEI DE/DX etching gas so as to increase the yield rate when apply to high aspect ratio and tighter circuit layout.
|Model(17)||Capability Process||Capability Note|
|FEI 986 (2)||55/65nm||
- Before FIB, test once more after decapsulation, wire bonding or packaging.
- Yield decreases if multiple modifications are made on the same IC.
- The resistance of conductor metal by FIB is higher than the original. Any low resistance conductor demand, please specify it on the service order.
- Suggest providing GDSII circuit layout to facilitate navigation (partial area or layer will be fine), this can help increase the yield.