During the backside grinding (BG) of wafer thinning process, fast and precise grind wafers with grinding wheel before micro etching their surfaces with etching solution to remove the damaged layers due to grinding and stress release.
Wafer Thining/Non-Taiko Grinding Process
Taping wafers with tapes determined by wafer features and passivation layers by front end foundries after IQC; then, perform Non-Taiko Grinding / Conventional Grinding and Backside Wet Etching in sequence before thickness measurement and OQC.
The Superiority of iST
- Employ fully automatic DISCO equipment for precisely controlled grinding.
- Provide wet bench and spin etching tools to perform rough or shining surface processes for N- or P-type wafers as required by customers.
- Far outperforms the dial gauge widely adopted by the industry with non-contact optical and high-precision measurement.
- A team of engineers with diversified experts including front end wafer foundry, wafer thinning and backend packaging house, knowledgeable and experienced in process integration and analysis in phases from front through middle to back and well-prepared to assist customers in accelerated development, troubleshooting, and mass production stabilization.
Post-grinding wafers: clearly visible grinding marks
Post-etching wafers: surface roughened
- Existing thickness options: ≧100um with thickness subject to customer requirements
- Applicable to 8″/6″ P- or N-type wafers